Monday, January 28, 2013

Bead Soup 2013

     It's that time again. Lori Anderson is once again sponsoring the seventh annual Bead Soup Blog Party. I've participated in this hop before and it's an interesting event. It's been one of those things that seems to have gotten all out of control over the years. This years event has over 500 participants who will send a partner a selection of beads and a clasp from their personal stash and then make something out of what they receive. On three different dates everyone posts photos and the story of what they made on their blog and we all blog hop to each others sites to see them all.
     It started out as a way to generate interest in our blogs and maybe get some new followers. I'm not sure if that's still the point because now there is a Pinterest page for the soup and Lori's group where everyone also posted their pictures. It's still a good way to give your creativity a kick in the pants. So, if you have a little free time ~ the first reveal is March 30. I'll be posting here about my personal journey on the hop - photos of what I'm sending my partner, what I receive and make and what my partner makes from my stash.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see this year's stuff! It was so fun to watch the journey last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think seeing all the other artists work was also my favorite part - you would see the pile of stuff they got... picture what you might do... and then see what they did - Surprise!!

      Delete
  2. My main reason for having it is to get people meeting new people and new beads and thinking outside their frame of regular beading. The social media aspect is a huge bonus for everyone in my way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really think about meeting new people on the blog hop but I have continued to follow several of the blogs I was inspired by last time around. I definitely get inspired by the creativity I see. I think getting all of them posted on the Pinterest site will make it easier to see everyone's work - hopping over 500 blogs - daunting!

      Delete

We're dying to hear what you think!!

Pin It button on image hover